Apple Discriminating Against Iranian-Americans?
So, why care about Iranian-Americans? ...let's see a list of some notable Iranian-Americans:
List of Iranian Americans
This is a list of notable Iranian-Americans of all Iranian ethnic backgrounds, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
|Afghan · African American ·Albanian · Arab · Argentine ·Armenian · Austrian|
Bahamian · Bangladeshi ·Barbadian · Belgian · Brazilian ·Bulgarian
Cajun · Cambodian · Chinese ·Colombian · Croatian · Cuban ·Czech
Danish · Dutch
English · Estonian
Filipino · Finnish · French
German · Greek
Haitian · Hispanic/Latino ·Hmong · Hungarian
Indian · Indonesian · Iranian ·Irish · Israeli · Italian
Jamaican · Japanese · Jewish
Laotian · Lebanese · Louisiana Creole
Macedonian · Mexican
Native American · Native Hawaiian · Nicaraguan ·Nigerian · Norwegian
Pakistani · Palestinian · Polish ·Portuguese
Romanian · Russian · Rusyn
Salvadoran · Scotch-Irish ·Scottish · Serbian · Slovak ·Slovenian · Spanish · Sri Lankan · Swedish · Swiss
Taiwanese · Turkish
- Shahriar Afshar, physicist, namesake of Afshar experiment
- Siavash Alamouti, CTO Broad Band and INTEL fellow, inventor of Alamouti Code, code-communication engineer
- Abass Alavi, Professor of Radiology, Nuclear Medicine and neurology; University of Pennsylvania.
- Nima Arkani-Hamed, physicist from Harvard
- Mina Bissell, scientist and biologist, LBL.
- Hamid Dabashi, Hagop Kevorkian Professor of Iranian Studies, Columbia University in New York.
- Touraj Daryaee, Iranologist
- Richard Danielpour, Professor of Composition, Manhattan School of Music
- Nader Engheta, Professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Haleh Esfandiari, Middle East Scholar
- Nariman Farvardin, Provost of University of Maryland
- Vartan Gregorian, President of the Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Ali Javan, physicist, inventor of gas laser, Professor Emeritus of Physics at MIT.
- Sepandar Kamvar, computer scientist, Stanford University.
- Mehran Kardar, physicist, MIT.
- Ahmad Karimi-Hakkak, Founding Director of Center for Persian Studies, University of Maryland.
- Homayoon Kazerooni, professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of California, Berkeley, Co-founder and Chief Scientist of Berkeley Bionics, inventor of the HULC.
- Bahram Mashhoon, General Relativity physicist
- Abbas Milani, Director of Iranian Studies Program, Stanford University.
- Maryam Mirzakhani, Stanford University Professor.
- Mohsen Mostafavi, Dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Hamid Mowlana, Director of the Division of International Communication at American University
- Firouz Naderi, NASA director of Mars project.
- Majid M. Naini, computer scientist, former Professor at University of Pennsylvania, Rumi expert.
- Kayvan Najarian, Associate Professor of Computer Science, Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Camran Nezhat, Director, Stanford Endoscopy Center for Training & Technology.
- Kaveh Pahlavan, Professor of Computer and Electrical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
- Behzad Razavi, Professor of Electrical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles
- Nouriel Roubini, one of the leading economists of our age, professor of economics at the Stern School of Business, New York University and chairman of RGE Monitor
- David B. Samadi, vice Chairman of the Department of Urology and Chief of Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine 
- Homayoun Seraji, Senior Research Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Ghavam Shahidi, IBM Fellow, Director of Silicon Technology
- Manuchehr Shahrokhi, Professor, California State University, Founding Editor, Global Finance Journal and Executive Director, Global Finance Association, 
- Hamid Jafarkhani, leading communication theorist University of California, Irvine.
- Cumrun Vafa, String theorist in Harvard.
- Ehsan Yarshater, Hagop Kevorkian Professor Emeritus of Iranian Studies, Director of Center for Iranian Studies, Columbia University, Founder and Editor in Chief ofEncyclopaedia Iranica.
- Lotfi A. Zadeh, Mathematician and computer scientist, and a professor of computer science at the University of California, Berkeley; father of Fuzzy Logic.
- Mark Zandi, Economist and co-founder of Economy.com, now part of Moody's Analytics.
- Omid Safi, Professor of Islamic studies at the University of North Carolina and advocate of reform within Islam.
- Ray Takeyh, Middle East Scholar and Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations
- Seyyed Hossein Nasr, Professor of Islamic studies at George Washington University, and a prominent Islamic philosopher. He is the author of many scholarly books and articles
- Trita Parsi founder and current president of the National Iranian American Council, and author of Treacherous Alliance: The Secret Dealings of Israel, Iran, and the United States
- Vali Nasr, a leading expert on Middle East and Islamic world, a best-selling author, influential commentator and Professor of International Politics at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy of Tufts University, Senior Fellow in Foreign Policy at Brookings Institution, and a columnist for Bloomberg View.
- Vahid Tarokh, leading communication theorist Harvard University.
* [ [ Abdul Darki]], critically acclaimed doctor and teacher.
- Omid Abtahi, actor
- David Ackert, actor and writer
- Shohreh Aghdashloo Academy Award-nominated film/television actress
- Dan Ahdoot, stand-up comedian
- Jonathan Ahdout, actor
- Max Amini, comedian
- Reza Badiyi, TV director
- Catherine Bell, actress
- Nadia Bjorlin, TV/soap opera actress
- Nazanin Boniadi, television and film actress
- Ala Ebtekar, visual artist whose work explores the cultural intersection of contemporary hip hop and traditional Iran.
- Maz Jobrani, comedian
- Cyrus Kar, film director
- Andre Khabbazi, actor, semi-professional tennis player
- Kamshad Kooshan, screenwriter & director
- Rosie Malek-Yonan, actress, author, director, and documentary filmmaker
- Marshall Manesh, actor
- Mozhan Marno, actress
- Emud Mokhberi, Academy Award nominated director/animator
- Amir Mokri, director of photography
- Amir Naderi, film director
- Amin Nazemzadeh, actor
- Cyrus Nowrasteh, screenwriter and director
- Bijan Pakzad noted fashion and perfume designer
- Adrian Pasdar, actor
- Nasim Pedrad, actress, comedian
- Artemis Pebdani, actress
- Behnaz Sarafpour, fashion designer
- Sarah Shahi, actress
- Bahar Soomekh, actress
- Massy Tadjedin, screenwriter
- Elie Tahari, fashion designer
- Amir Talai, actor
- Shaun Toub, actor
- Bob Yari, Academy Award winning film producer
- Shiva Rose McDermott, actress
- Fereydoun Sadeghzadeh. film/theater director
- Nader Faghihzadeh, designer of BMW 6 and 7 series.
- Vahid Alaghband, founder and Chairman Balli Group PLC
- Anousheh Ansari, Cofounder, Prodea systems, Inc.
- Hamid Akhavan, CEO of Siemens Enterprise Communications.
- Sardar Biglari, CEO and founder of Biglari Holdings
- J. Darius Bikoff, CEO and founder of Energy Brands
- Shahram Dabiri, video game producer, lead producer of World of Warcraft
- Farhad Farjam, founder and Chairman Farbro Group (Pharmaceutical)
- Arash Ferdowsi, Co-Founder & CTO of Dropbox
- Vartan Gregorian, President of The Carnegie Corporation of New York.
- Salar Kamangar, CEO of YouTube, VP of Google's web applications
- Dara Khosrowshahi, President and CEO, Expedia, Inc.
- Omid Kordestani, Former Senior Vice President of Google
- Isaac Larian, CEO of MGA Entertainment, manufacturer of Bratz dolls
- Manny Mashouf, founder and Chairman of bebe stores
- Alex Mehr and Shayan Zadeh, founders of Zoosk.
- David Merage, co-founder of Chef America Inc., manufacturer of Hot Pockets
- Paul Merage, co-founder of Chef America Inc., manufacturer of Hot Pockets
- Sam Nazarian, CEO of the SBE Entertaintment Group
- Farzad Nazem, former CTO of Yahoo!
- Mehrdad Nikoonahad, founder & CEO, Nikoo Technology, Inc.
- Pierre Omidyar, founder of e-Bay (born to Iranian parents).
- AliAsghar Abdollahhzadeh,Executive Chairman of Persian Data Institute Technology.
- Sina Tamaddon, Senior Vice President of Applications for Apple Computer.
- Reza Aslan, writer
- Mahnaz Badihian, poet
- Najmieh Batmanglij, chef, writer
- Firoozeh Dumas, author of Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America
- Roya Hakakian, writer
- Rosie Malek-Yonan, author of The Crimson Field
- Azar Nafisi, writer
- Majid M. Naini, writer, speaker
- Shahrnoosh Parsipour, writer
- Dalia Sofer, writer
- Mahbod Seraji, writer
- Christiane Amanpour, Anchor of ABC Sunday morning political affairs program, former CNN chief international correspondent
- Davar Ardalan, NPR producer of Morning Edition
- Rudi Bakhtiar, Voice of America employee, former Director of Public Relations for the Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA), former FOX news anchor, former CNN anchor
- Shmuley Boteach, rabbi, radio and television host, author
- Farnaz Fassihi, journalist, Wall Street Journal
- Alireza Jafarzadeh, FOX News Channel Foreign Affairs Analyst
- Arash Markazi, journalist, Sports Illustrated
- Azadeh Moaveni, journalist, Time Magazine
- Asieh Namdar, former CNN anchor
- Atoosa Rubenstein, former Seventeen (magazine) and CosmoGIRL! editor-in-chief
- Roxana Saberi, photojournalist whose 2009 arrest in Iran became a cause celebre (Iranian Father)
- Jahan Salehi, President, Agence Global, Inc. syndicate
- Cyma Zarghami, president of Nickelodeon and MTV Networks Kids & Family Group
- Fereydoun Sadeghzadeh, Correpondent, Press TV
- Lily Afshar, female classical guitarist
- Pouyan Afkary, synthesizer musician, member of Scary Kids Scaring Kids
- Axiom of Choice, world music group
- Leila Bela, Avant-garde musician, actress, writer and former member of Pigface
- Cyrus Bolooki, drummer of New Found Glory
- Richard Danielpour, composer, Professor of Composition, Manhattan School of Music
- Deep Dish, electronic music group
- Ramin Djawadi, composer
- Rostam Batmanglij, keyboard player of Vampire Weekend, music producer.
- Anousheh Khalili, vocalist
- Lotfi Mansouri, opera director
- Daron Malakian, guitarist/vocalist of four-piece Alternative metal band System Of A Down (Armenian-Iranian mother)
- Tony Petrossian, music video director
- [[Gity Razaz, Composer, classical contemporary music, graduated from The Juilliard school. Four- time winner of ASCAP Award. [www.gityrazaz.com]
- Ali Tabatabaee, one of the lead singers of Orange County, California-based pop-punk band Zebrahead
- Kourosh Zolani, composer, soloist and inventor. Zolani is best known for designing and playing the world's only playable Chromatic Santour.
- Goli Ameri, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for Educational and Cultural Affairs, former U.S. delegate to the United Nations Commission on Human Rights, former U.S. public delegate to the United Nations General Assembly, and former Republican candidate for the United States House of Representatives from the 1st district of Oregon
- Cyrus Amir-Mokri, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Financial Institutions.
- Hushang Ansary, former Iranian Minister of Finance and Chairman of National Finance Committee of Bush-Cheney 2004 Campaign
- Michael Benjamin, 1996 Republican candidate for the U.S. House from the 8th district of New York, and 2004 United States Senate Republican Primary candidate from New York
- Jimmy Delshad, Mayor of Beverly Hills, California
- Ross Mirkarimi, Former Member of San Francisco City Council and current San Francisco Sheriff.
- David Safavian, disgraced former Chief of Staff of the United States General Services Administration
- Faryar Shirzad, former Deputy National Security Advisor and White House Deputy Assistant for International Economic Affairs to President George W. Bush
- Esfandiar Baharmast, World Cup referee, FIFA Instructor, known as Esse Baharmast
- Farzad Bonyadi, world champion of poker
- Shawn Daivari, professional wrestler and manager, better known by his stage names of Sheik Abdul Bashir or simply Daivari
- Hamid Dastmalchi, world champion of poker
- Antonio Esfandiari, champion poker player
- Alecko Eskandarian, American soccer player
- Andranik Eskandarian, former soccer player
- Matt Ghaffari, Olympic silver-medal winning wrestler
- Afshin Ghotbi, soccer coach, former assistant coach of Korea Republic national football team, Los Angeles Galaxy and Iran national team
- Hamed Haddadi, NBA center for the Memphis Grizzlies, first Iranian NBA player
- T.J. Houshmandzadeh, NFL wide receiver for the Baltimore Ravens, father is Iranian.
- King Kamali, IFBB pro bodybuilder
- George Malek-Yonan, Iran's "Champion of Champions" in Track & Field and Pentathlon
- Amin Abraham Paul Nikfar, Shot Put for the Iranian National Team and 1st Iranian Asian Indoor Champion 2004
- Amir Sadollah, Professional mixed martial artist and winner of the ultimate fighter 7
- Behdad Sami, First Pro Iranian Basketball player to play in USA history.
- Michael Shabaz, tennis player, 2005 Wimbledon boys' doubles championship
- Amir Vahedi, professional poker player
- Leila Vaziri, The current world record holder of the 50 m women's backstroke
- Khosrow Vaziri, retired professional wrestler, better known by his stage name of The Iron Sheik
- "UPENN Faculty List"
- "MIT Faculty Webapge"
- "UMD Persian Studies Homepage"
- , University of California, Berkeley
- , Berkeley Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory
- "Mohsen Mostafavi on the Harvard GSD Website
- "AU Faculty Website"
- "NASA: Architects of Exploration"
- "NASA: Architects of Exploration"
- "Mount Sinai Medical Center: David B. Samadi, MD Physician Profile".
- "JPL Personnel Page"
- "Columbia Faculty Website"
- "Harvard Faculty Page"
- Stanley, John (2006-11-26). "'Nativity' Revisited". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2006-11-25.
-  "As an Iranian Jew, Ahdoot admits he struggled making friends growing up..."
-  "Jonathan Ahdout: Young Iranian Jewish Film & Television Actor"
-  "His family is Iranian-American, having left Tehran in 1982..."
-  "Nadia Bjorlin, the 24 year old Swedish-Persian, American-born actress..."
-  "where Ted Koppel interviewed Iranian American Zoroastrian, Cyrus Kar..."
- Andre Khabbazi
- Iranian.com | Archive Pages
-  "Persian Jewish actress Bahar Soomekh earned some serious attention last year when she played a young Iranian in "Crash," the Academy Award winner for best picture."
- "Siemens Enterprise Communications: Hamid Akhavan"
- "Carnegie People Website"
- Anderson, Stuart. Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2012/01/15/zoosk-an-only-in-america-immigrant-success-story/.
- "Q&A With eBay's Pierre Omidyar"
- "Apple Executive Website"
- "Garage radio"
- "Guitar World Article"
-  "Shawn Daivari is Iranian and the foreign language he speaks during his promos is Persian not Arabic."